6. You acknowledge and agree that:
d. you are 16 years of age or older.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
8. Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act and means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
9. We only collect personal information you give us directly, or which is collected automatically as part of your activities with us (including usage data or cookies on our Sites).
10. The personal information that we collect includes:
a. identifying information, including your name, contact details including your email, home address and billing address,
b. transactional information, including information you provide as part of a transaction with us or that is generated as a result of that transaction
c. financial information, including payment details, credit card numbers or bank details;
d. information we are required or authorised to collect and process under law to identify you or verify information you have provided;
e. usage information, including data about your interaction with our Sites through your Devices;
f. computer and connection information such as page views, traffic, URLs, IP address and web log information.
a. personalise your visit to any Sites operated by us (as a cookie allows a web server to 'remember' visitors on subsequent visits without having to prompt them for information previously supplied. A cookie can also remember courses previously viewed by a site visitor);
b. provide information about us to you while you browse; and
c. obtain non-identifying information about your demographic group and general interests.
13. Cookies can be managed by accessing the individual settings in your browser. You may elect to disable cookies and/or geolocation sharing at any time, however our Sites do not support “Do Not Track” requests. Accordingly the functionality of our Sites may be limited.
15. Our Goods are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals who are children.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
a. poviding you with use of our Sites;
b. supplying the Goods to you including;
c. ensuring the security of our Sites and maintaining back-ups of our database(s);
d. processing payments you have authorised;
e. improving and optimising our Goods, business and our users’ experience;
f. sending you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
g. sending you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting. You may opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time. Our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).;
h. complying with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
i. considering your employment application; and
j. for any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your personal information
17. In addition, you permit us to use your personal information:
a. where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
b. where we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
c. where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
d. where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
e. where we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary for the prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal (or the implementation of orders of a court or tribunal or on behalf of an enforcement body);
f. to develop and improve our (and our related entities’) business, products and Goods;
g.to involve you in market research, gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback; and
h. for our internal accounting and administration.
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
a. our employees and related bodies corporate;
b. data processors, including third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our Sites and/or our business or in connection with providing our Goods to you);
c. professional advisers, dealers and agents;
d. payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
e. our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
f. our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our Sites;
g. anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
h. specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
i. other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
19. We take reasonable steps to ensure that third party recipients are obliged to protect the privacy and security of your personal information and use it only for the purpose for which it is disclosed.
20. We will provide your information to third parties that provide services to us solely for the purpose of providing those services, including third parties that provide our payment gateway, marketing and technology support services. This may include providing your information to third parties that are located outside of Australia.
21. Where your personal information is transferred outside Australia, we will take steps to ensure that overseas recipients will deal with that information in a way that is consistent with Australian Privacy Law or applicable national laws.
23. We take all reasonable and lawful steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. For example, we have introduced technical and organisational measures to ensure data we collect is protected. However, electronic transmission of information is never completely secure or error-free. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information electronically transmitted by a user, and users provide their personal information at their own risk. To the maximum extent provided by the relevant laws, we are not responsible or liable for the electronic transmission of personal information to us or to third parties.
24. We will only use, process or store personal information for as long as required by the purpose it has been collected, including where such purpose relates to our legitimate interest, and for a longer period where you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. We may be obliged to retain personal information for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
26. Where you transact with another person or entity through us, we may enable you to obtain the personal information of that person or entity. You acknowledge that in these circumstances you are the data controller of that data and you should, where required, inform that other person about your privacy practices and otherwise comply with relevant national laws.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OUR COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
28. You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we collect and hold about you. We will allow an individual to:
a. know what personal information we maintain about you and request a copy of your personal information which we will provide;
b. request us to correct information we hold about you;
c. withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the use or processing of their personal information
d. object to the processing of your personal information; and
e. ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information.
29. If you ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information you acknowledge that this is subject to some exceptions and it will impact your access to our Sites.
30. If at any time you:
would like to access, delete, correct or change any personal information provided to us by you;
know of or suspect any violations of your privacy in connection with your use of the Sites and/or the Service; or
please contact us via the email address set out below and include in the subject line “To the Privacy Officer”.
31. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time of you making the request and give you access in the manner you requested unless it is unlawful, unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so. There may be reasons why we cannot give you access to the information that you have requested, or we refuse to correct your personal information. In these instances, we will let you know these reasons in writing.
33. Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles it is recommended that you visit the website of the office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Privacy Officer details: Jason Chaffey, email@example.com
Effective: 3 March 2022